SUN SIGN VIRGO
VIRGOS ARE * Able * Competent * Conscientious * Detailed * Diligent *
* Effective * Hard-working * Helpful * Modest * Nervous * Obsessive *
* Quick-witted *** VERSATILE ***
VIRGO PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Virgos are natural born organisers.
- Virgos are neat and resourceful and there is nothing more satisfying to them than the feeling that they’ve done a near-perfect job.
- Virgos fear Chaos and the feeling that things are out of control. They loathe the thought of making a mistake.
- Virgos come across as thoughtful, considerate and efficient if somewhat nervous and fastidious.
- Their practical skills, innate helpfulness and modesty are much appreciated by others.
- Virgos are plagued by perfectionism and they often pay too much attention to unimportant details.
VIRGO AND HEALTH
Virgos tend to suffer with nervous anxiety that affects their intestinal tract. They can also be prone to allergies and intolerance to specific foods. They need a daily routine that includes enough physical exercise, regular meals and a nutritious diet. They struggle to switch off, and leave their duties aside while they take a break from their must-do list.
VIRGO AND MONEY
Money is often a source of worry although Virgos are great at making a little go a long way. They really only need enough to cover their modest daily wants, but they like to have a financial cushion to fall back on in case they fall ill or something stops working. Virgos gain satisfaction from earning their own living.
VIRGO IS RULED BY PLANET MERCURY
- Virgo’s character is influenced by the planet of information, giving the 6TH Sign an aptitude for organising data.
- Virgos are quick to understand what is needed in most situations. Their efficient administrative skills make them very handy helpers.
- Virgos like to be of use to others and offer their support in a modest, unassuming way.
- But they must watch out for a tendency to turn themselves into unpaid servants and then resent the fact that people seem to be taking them for granted.
VIRGO ELEMENT & QUALITY
This combination of Mutable Quality & Earth Element results in energy that is practical and adaptable. Virgoans are excellent multi-taskers and prefer to be kept busy but they do have to be careful not to give themselves too much to do. Stressing about whether they can sustain their output to the standards they have set for themselves is detrimental to their health and wellbeing.
VIRGO IS THE 6TH ZODIAC SIGN
The Sixth Zodiac Sign is at its best when there’s work to be done. Virgos like to keep themselves busy and become nervous and fretful when they are not sure what to do next. They need timetables and check lists to give them a sense of order. Otherwise they begin to sense that chaos is creeping up and taking over, which makes them feel very uncomfortable. They would rather repeat tasks they’ve already completed than be at a loose end.
VIRGO IS LINKED TO THE 6TH HOROSCOPE HOUSE
The Virgo House is all about keeping a handle on the fine details of running a daily routine. How to work through to-do lists, and how to apply skills, techniques and methods to getting the job done. This house points to health and well being issues as well as dietary and exercise needs. The 6th house also describes attitudes towards animals and relationships with pets.
VIRGO CAREER PROSPECTS
The most organised of all the zodiac signs, Virgos often select support roles that enable them to operate effectively behind the scenes. Excellent at taking orders, Virgos work obediently and diligently to deliver results. They don’t need admiration and applause but they do like to receive genuine gratitude for their input. They resent being treated like an unpaid servant or having their efforts being taken for granted. Virgos are drawn to careers which offer them the chance to sharpen their skills in data management as well as providing training in methods and techniques that enhance efficiency and delivery.
THE THREE DECANS OF VIRGO Each zodiac sign is 30 degrees long and is divided into three Decans of 10 degrees each.
THE 1ST DECAN of the sixth zodiac sign
is double-duty VIRGO, influenced by Planet MERCURY
This is the slickest section of the sign. Fast-moving Virgo energy in the 1ST Decan is competent and quick. Data is processed and organised with speed and skill, and there’s an ability to multi-task which adds to the overall efficiency of this type of Virgo. There might be a tendency to suffer from information overload, which could have a negative effect on health and wellbeing.
The Mercury influence on this Decan suggests a clever way of finding just the right systems and technique to fit the task in hand. This ability might seem simple and look easy but it would be very difficult for anyone with less well co-ordinated mental acumen to deliver the same spot-on results.
THE 2ND DECAN of VIRGO
is influenced by CAPRICORN and Planet SATURN
This is the most competent yet self-critical section of the sign. Virgo energy in the 2ND Decan is hard-working and aspirational with an impressive grasp on how to work with corporate structures and protocols. But this type of Virgo might be overly modest about their own ability to head up professional hierarchies and they could doubt their ability to cope with the power and responsibility involved in taking a top job.
The Saturn influence on this Decan suggests that, however shy and self-deprecating this Virgo exterior may seem, there’s an ambitious itch just beneath its surface. But a tendency to be too dutiful and overly respectful of authority may mean that 2ND Decan Virgos stay in support roles rather than stepping up to fill prime positions.
THE 3RD DECAN of VIRGO
is influenced by TAURUS and Planet VENUS
Virgos of this Decan will probably be more relaxed and easy going than the other two sections of the sign. They may also be the most interested in following regular and predictable daily routines that allow time to enjoy and digest meals. All Virgos like to feel they have completed tasks to the best of their ability but this type is particularly interested in doing things properly, to a high standard of workmanship. They are the ones who’ll be most upset by any lack of harmony or consistency in the fine details of anything they accomplish.
The Venus influence on this kind of Virgo indicates a flair for setting up systems that make life easier and that build long-lasting peace and stability, both at home and in the workplace. 3RD Decan Virgos want to enjoy the process of carrying out their daily duties and they are prepared to put effort into acquiring skills and techniques that ensure they continue to do so.
VIRGO IN RELATIONSHIPS
ROMANTIC: Virgo’s cool, analytical approach often masks a lack of confidence in their own desirability. They often express their true feelings for others in practical ways.
FRIENDSHIP: Communication is all-important. Virgo friendships usually involve a fair amount of co-counselling and mutual advising.
FAMILY: Virgo often assumes the role of helper within the family, and can end up feeling like a doormat. Learning to say No is a very important lesson for them.
PROFESSIONAL: Virgo’s organisational skills are an asset but their modesty and a tendency to worry about small details can keep them from applying for high profile positions.
KEY RELATIONSHIP: Virgo always likes to feel useful so their key relationship often involves work or some kind of service.
Compatibility between the Elements FIRE, EARTH, AIR, WATER Astrology suggests that it is easier for the signs of one element to get along with one another, as the energy that drives them comes from the same source. But that doesn’t mean that relationships between signs from different elements are doomed to fail, although it might take longer for them to understand and accommodate the differences between them.
VIRGO IS AN EARTH SIGN
VIRGO WITH FIRE SIGNS Fire & Earth Signs can create extremely productive partnerships so long as their roles are clearly defined and properly rewarded.
- ARIES This pair covers all the corners. Aries provides the motivation and Virgo takes care of the detail.
- LEO This is the perfect upstairs/downstairs combination. Virgo is happy to carry out orders and Leo likes to give them.
- SAGITTARIUS This is a question of perspective. Virgo desires details whereas Sagittarius seeks the big picture.
VIRGO WITH FELLOW EARTH SIGNS Earth Signs share an interest in practical projects and tangible results, but they can encourage each other to get over-involved with material matters.
- TAURUS There could be a pace problem with these two. Virgo tends towards hyperactivity whereas Taurus likes to take it calm and slow.
- VIRGO are you SURE we remembered to turn off the gas? These two could drive each other to distraction with their attention to detail.
- CAPRICORN These two can achieve a great deal. Capricorn sets down the objectives and Virgo makes sure everything goes according to plan.
VIRGO WITH AIR SIGNS Pair-ups between Earth & Air Signs can be a bit dry unless there are shared interests, ideals and activities to provide the passion.
- GEMINI These two share a love of information but their priorities don’t match. Virgo needs to ensure all the boxes are ticked while Gemini just wants a quick summary.
- LIBRA This couple could whip themselves up into a peak of perfectionism. Virgo is terrified of making a mistake and Libra dreads making the wrong choice.
- AQUARIUS Their techniques couldn’t be more different. Virgo swears by tried and tested methods whereas Aquarius wants to innovate and do things differently.
VIRGO WITH WATER SIGNS Earth & Water Sign compatibility can be very satisfying on all levels: physical, mental and emotional. But it can get too exclusive, making others feel left out.
- CANCER This is a sensible arrangement. Virgo organises tea in a warmed pot and Cancer contributes the carrot cake.
- SCORPIO This precision pair have a lot in common although Scorpio’s urge to confront challenge can make self-critical Virgo feel inadequate.
- PISCES An attraction of opposites, these two see-saw between order and chaos. Virgo feels safe with Order but Pisces finds Chaos more creative.
Compatibility between the Qualities CARDINAL, FIXED, MUTABLE Traditional Astrology used to believe that it would be difficult for signs of the same Quality to get on with each other. Actually they are perfectly capable of bringing out the best in one another. But relationships between them can be challenging for both partners, as disagreements can arise when their energies clash or turn confrontational.
VIRGO IS A MUTABLE SIGN
VIRGO WITH FELLOW MUTABLE SIGNS GEMINI, SAGITTARIUS & PISCES These four signs share an ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances which ensures that life remains mobile and interesting. Difficulties would be caused by a lack of focus, or an inability to be clear about what both partners expected from the relationship between them. It’s possible that they could wander off in diverse directions without identifying when, where, how and why they were going to meet up again!
MUTABLE SIGN VIRGO WITH CARDINAL SIGNS ARIES, CANCER, LIBRA & CAPRICORN It’s a question of priorities. Once they have identified a specific target, Cardinal signs make it their main objective and aim their energies towards achieving it. Mutable signs tend to lack focus as their main motivation is to find variety and diversity in life. But Mutable signs can help their Cardinal pals to keep a range of options open rather than pursuing just one route, and Cardinal signs can help their Mutable partners to concentrate on one goal at a time.
MUTABLE SIGN VIRGO WITH FIXED SIGNS TAURUS, LEO, SCORPIO & AQUARIUS It’s a question of intensity. Fixed Signs have a habit of giving their all to whatever they have chosen as their mission in life. Mutable signs seek a wide range of interests and prefer not to get bogged down in any single issue. Fixed signs can help their Mutable friends to go deeper and get more involved. Mutable signs can help their Fixed partners to lighten up and take things less seriously.
Virgo is a Yin sign ruled by the planet Mercury in its female aspect, which is linked to Vesta Goddess of Hearth and Home. Her influence gives Virgos their modesty and their ability to organise effectively. In Greek mythology Mercury was Hermes and his female half was Hestia. Her name is not very well known because she is not one of the starring roles in mythology. She spent much of her time alone, working quietly and efficiently to create a peaceful sanctuary for the gods to return to when they were exhausted by their adventures. Virgoans are like Hestia in their ability to stay behind the scenes, doing essential work upon which the leading characters in life depend. Without them, the show couldn’t go on.
This usually modest sign seeks the limelight for mainly practical reasons, or because they are serving someone else’s desire for fame and fortune. This list of high-profile Virgos contains some who struggled to cope with their celebrity status.
Note: Your Zodiac Sign refers to which astrological constellation the Sun appeared to be in on the date of your birth. Each sign lasts for about 30 days, starting from around the 21st of each calendar month. If you were born close to the cusp of one sign and the next, you will need to check your year of birth for which date and at what time on that date, the Sun moved signs.