Sun Sign Taurus
Appealing Calming Capable Comfortable Down-to-Earth Leisurely Natural Resourceful Sensual Steady Stubborn Talented Tranquil
TAURUS PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Taureans love their creature comforts, and they enjoy all forms of beauty whether natural or artistic.
- Taureans hate physical discomfort, feeling unsettled or being hurried. They do not like having to get cross. Once they are angry, it takes them a long time to regain their temper.
- Taureans come across as attractive, talented and charming. They have a calming effect and a natural ability to make others feel comfortable and secure.
- Taureans can place too much importance on familiar ways, patterns and habits which limits their ability to explore new ways of seeing the world.
TAURUS AND HEALTH
Taureans usually have strong constitutions and generally enjoy good health. They may have problems with the throat, and with the glandular system. There could be a tendency to take their well-being (whether physical, mental or emotional) for granted and they may resist changes which could benefit their long-term welfare.
TAURUS AND MONEY
For Taurus, money provides security, comfort, enjoyment and beauty – surely the most important things life has to offer! Taureans will work steadily to maintain a good standard of living as they do not like being without the fundamental financial income that reinforces their sense of stability.
TAURUS CAREER PROSPECTS
The most resourceful of the zodiac signs, Taurus is born with the abilities needed to build a successful career. Some Taureans choose to share their talents with the world on their own stand-alone terms, although they will probably appoint people they can trust to help them manage the business side of their profession. Others will prefer to settle in the sort of well-established organisation that promises them a job for life with a substantial pension to ease their retirement.
TAURUS IS RULED BY VENUS, PLANET OF HARMONY & BEAUTY
- The Taurean character is influenced by the gracious planet of peace and harmony. Their ideal choice is to take life at a calm, unhurried pace. They seek a peaceful existence in a comfortable, harmonious environment.
- Taurus individuals appreciate Nature and natural beauty. They enjoy the simple, sensual pleasures of life and they value quality over quantity.
- The 2nd zodiac sign is naturally honest and sincere. Those born under Taurus prefer people who are genuine. They are looking for the real thing and they are not impressed by short term showiness or superficial glamour.
- Taureans can get too attached to their comfort zones and find it difficult to accept change, even when it is in their own best interests.
TAURUS ELEMENT & QUALITY
Fixed Quality & Earth Element
This combination produces energy that is calm and relaxed, with a preference for permanence and predictability. Taureans can become quite unsettled and defensive when they are faced with the prospect of change. They tend to stick with situations which keep them within their comfort zone. They do not appreciate unnecessary upheaval or the upset and disruption it involves and they avoid it whenever possible.
TAURUS IS THE 2ND ZODIAC SIGN
The Second Zodiac Sign is naturally resourceful and tends to have a talent for creating and attracting material wealth. It prefers to take life at a slower, more relaxed pace so that things can be done thoroughly. Taurus individuals do not like to be hurried or pressured into moving before they are ready. What is the point of pushing and striving if you end up with no time to enjoy the simple pleasures of life?
TAURUS IS LINKED TO THE 2ND HOROSCOPE HOUSE
The Taurus House points to tangible resources ranging from material possessions and financial assets, to useful qualities and talents. It defines personal values and describes abilities which can be used to generate wealth and abundance. The 2nd house is about ways in which life is enriched by the use of physical senses and through the enjoyment of simple pleasures.
The Three Decans of Taurus
Each zodiac sign is 30 degrees long and is divided into three Decans of 10 degrees each.
THE 1ST DECAN IS DOUBLE TAURUS, RULED BY PLANET VENUS
This is the most resourceful and down-to-earth section of the sign. Taurean energy in the First Decan is particularly patient but also resolutely resistant to being pushed or hurried. This type of Taurus is tuned into the natural rhythms of Planet Earth, which is why they trust their own instincts on what to do and when to do it. They choose quality over quantity and would rather take the time and trouble to ensure that high standards are sustained. Why bother making or doing something that will not last or that is not fit for purpose?
The Venus influence on this Decan offers the sensual, earthy talents of the artist and the artisan, as well as an unforced love of beauty, art and music. There is also an ability to appreciate life’s simple pleasures, and to value Nature’s seasonal cycles and the graceful abundance of her myriad forms.
THE 2ND DECAN OF TAURUS IS LINKED TO VIRGO, RULED BY PLANET MERCURY
Taureans of this Decan are more mobile and flexible and less resistant to change than the other two sections of the sign. They are the most practical and hard-working, as well as the most reliant on systems and timetables. They need a regular daily routine in order to feel secure. They also require a simple, wholesome diet that fuels their sense of natural health and wellbeing. Their bodies may function more efficiently on several small, light meals rather than large amounts of food in one sitting.
Mercury’s influence on this kind of Taurus indicates a flair for administration and the organisation of information. There could also be natural skills which combine manual dexterity with an eye for harmony and consistency. 2nd Decan Taureans do not mind the kind of meticulous, detailed work that alienates less precise and conscientious people.
THE 3RD DECAN OF TAURUS IS LINKED TO CAPRICORN, RULED BY PLANET SATURN
This is Taurus energy at its most aspirational. Perhaps the more materialistic of the 3 Decans, this type of Taurus must guard against gathering riches simply in order to impress others. It would be better for them to gain social status through the use of their talents and abilities. This section of the sign is particularly gifted in regard to strategic planning and their professionalism will be valued in whatever industry they enter. They are reassuringly expert in their approach which gains the respect they seek.
The ambitious influence of Saturn on this Decan blends well with the natural patience and calm resourcefulness of Taurus. It is a combination that can go far in the corporate world, but Third Decan Bulls should also remember how important it is to take time out for rest and relaxation.
Taurus in Relationships
The giving and receiving of affection makes Taurus feel contented and secure. They take a sensual approach to loving that is both natural and unselfconscious.
Taureans make loyal, constant and reliable companions so long as they can stay within their comfort zone and the atmosphere remains calm and easy-going.
Taurus is reassured by the continuity and permanence of family ties and usually remain loyal to their roots, even through the most testing of times.
Taureans can be territorial so it is best to clarify what belongs to whom and who is getting paid to do what right from the outset.
If Taureans do not feel comfortable where they are, they find it difficult to function. So their key relationship is likely to be the one they have with their surroundings.
Compatibility between Zodiac Sign Elements
FIRE, EARTH, AIR, WATER SIGNS
Astrology suggests that it is easier for the three signs within one Element to get on together, as the energy which drives them comes from the same source. But this does not mean that relationships between signs from different elements are doomed to fail, although it might take longer for them to understand and accommodate the differences between them.
TAURUS IS AN EARTH SIGN
TAURUS with FIRE SIGNS
Fire & Earth Signs can create extremely productive partnerships so long as their roles are clearly defined and properly rewarded.
- ARIES A combination that is rather like The Tortoise & The Hare. Taurus prefers to take their time while Aries is raring to go. If you comprehend this contrast in pace, you can both win.
- LEO This couple share a love of luxury but Taurus needs money in the bank while Leo likes to splurge.
- SAGITTARIUS This is the ideal fine dining combination. Taurus enjoys working their way through a gourmet menu and Sagittarius appreciates an interesting ambiance.
TAURUS with FELLOW EARTH SIGNS
Earth Signs share an interest in practical projects and tangible results, but they can encourage each other to get over-involved with material matters.
- TAURUS This is an irresistible force meeting an immovable object. But if these two Taureans share a love of the same creature comforts it is a cosy combination.
- VIRGO There could be a pace problem with these two. Taurus likes to take it calm, slow and relaxed whereas Virgo wants to be busy from dawn to dusk.
- CAPRICORN This is a materialistic match but Taurus seeks comfort and stability while Capricorn is aiming mainly for achievement.
TAURUS with AIR SIGNS
Pair-ups between Earth & Air Signs can be rather dry unless there are shared interests, ideals and activities to provide the passion.
- GEMINI This is a Mr & Mrs Jack Spratt (of the nursery rhyme) combo. Taurus cannot be rushed, and Gemini cannot be slowed down.
- LIBRA Provided their tastes coincide, this relationship stands a good chance. Both these signs appreciate harmony and beauty and neither likes to be pushed outside their comfort zone.
- AQUARIUS It is difficult for these two to find common ground. Practical Taurus believes that charity begins at home whereas idealistic Aquarius wants to heal the world.
TAURUS with WATER SIGNS
Earth & Water Sign compatibility can be very satisfying on all levels: physical, mental and emotional. But it can get too exclusive, making others feel left out.
- CANCER Sturdy Taurus can help shy Cancer to feel safe and secure and they encourage each other to express their creative and artistic talents.
- SCORPIO In spite of a strong pull between them, peace-loving Taurus can lose patience with Scorpio’s constant need for confrontation.
- PISCES These two can bring out the best in each other. Taurus calms the chaotic fish, while Pisces cajoles the complacent bull towards pastures new.
Compatibility between Zodiac Sign Qualities
CARDINAL, FIXED & MUTABLE SIGNS
Traditional Astrology used to believe that it would be difficult for the four signs within one Quality to get on together. Actually they are perfectly capable of bringing out the best in one another. But relationships between them can be challenging for both partners, as disagreements can arise when their energies clash or turn confrontational.
TAURUS IS A FIXED SIGN
TAURUS with FELLOW FIXED SIGNS LEO, SCORPIO & AQUARIUS
These four signs share the same values when it comes to loyalty and perseverance. Most difficulties within the relationship would be caused by stubborn pride and a reluctance to concede to one another’s point of view. But as both partners are interested in staying involved for the long term, they are prepared to invest time and energy in trying to reconcile their differences.
FIXED TAURUS with CARDINAL SIGNS ARIES, CANCER, LIBRA & CAPRICORN
It is a question of outcomes. Cardinal signs insist on identifying goals and timelines as they expect to see results sooner or later. Fixed signs tend to get caught up in an ongoing situation and will prolong the process in order to stay involved with it. But Fixed signs can provide the patience that Cardinal signs sometimes lack and Cardinal signs can help Fixed signs to avoid becoming stale and stuck.
FIXED TAURUS with MUTABLE SIGNS GEMINI, VIRGO, SAGITTARIUS & PISCES
It is a question of intensity. Fixed Signs have a habit of giving their all to whatever they have chosen as their mission in life. Mutable signs seek a wide range of interests and prefer not to get bogged down in any single issue. Fixed signs can help their Mutable friends to go deeper and get more involved. Mutable signs can help their Fixed partners to lighten up and take things less seriously.
TAURUS IS A YIN SIGN RULED BY THE PLANET VENUS
Venus (called Aphrodite in Greek mythology) is the Art, Goddess of Love and Beauty. Her influence gives Taureans an appreciation for all kinds of beauty, whether natural or artistic. According to mythology, Venus attracted many admirers, drawn to her by her obvious charm and sensuality. Her influence makes this Zodiac Sign physically attractive to others and talented in tangible ways. Venus also gives Taurus the gift of being able to relish the simple pleasures in life.
Taurus and the Tarot
EARTH SIGNS AND THE SUIT OF PENTACLES
Taurus has an affinity with the suit of PENTACLES which represents energy that is practical, sensible and realistic. Pentacles are about material matters involving money, property and earthly goals. They can also symbolise issues around ambition, achievement and social status.
Note: Your Zodiac Sign refers to which astrological constellation the Sun appeared to be in on the date of your birth. Each sign lasts for about 30 days, starting from around the 21st of each calendar month. If you were born close to the cusp of one sign and the next, you will need to check your year of birth for which date and at what time on that date, the Sun moved signs.
Sun Sign Reports
If you have a special TAURUS in your life you can offer them a beautifully presented gift version of this web page, personalised with your own message or greeting. Sun Sign Report (10 x A4 pages long) emailed to you in PDF format £8.