SUN SIGN PISCES
PISCEANS ARE * Delicate * Dreamy * Expressive * Inspirational * Intuitive *
* Kindly * Naïve * Receptive * Sensitive * Sympathetic * Vague *
*** VISIONARY ***
PISCES PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Pisceans are natural-born romantics – delicate, impressionable and extremely emotional.
- They can be very manipulative when it comes to getting their needs met.
- Pisceans cling to the belief that dreams can come true and they are easily depressed by the harsh realities of life.
- People see them as kind and compassionate but they are surprised by Pisces’ sudden changes in heart when their sympathy is all used up.
- Pisceans’ sensitivity and ability to help others often places them in the helping professions but they have a tendency to dive in too deep and then feel as though they’re drowning.
PISCES AND HEALTH
Pisceans are prone to difficulties with their feet, which often look like the fins on a mermaid’s (or merman’s) tail! They are physically sensitive and thin-skinned, leaving them vulnerable to viruses and health problems related to auto-immune issues. They are susceptible to nervous exhaustion.
PISCES AND MONEY
While Pisces accept that money can’t buy love, they do believe it can turn fantasy into reality! Unfortunately it tends to slip rather too easily through the bank accounts of this unworldly and sometimes impractical sign. But the Universe looks after its own and most Pisceans manage to muddle through from one pay day to the next. They often receive inspiration for fortune-making schemes through dreams and visions, while they are meditating or asleep.
PISCES IS RULED BY PLANET NEPTUNE
- The Piscean character is influenced by the planet of inspiration, making the 12th Sign truly visionary.
- But Pisces can feel overwhelmed by the emotions, impressions, dreams and images that flood their imagination at all times of the day and night.
- Their empathetic nature makes them vulnerable to being vampired by manipulative needy people.
- All Pisces will need to create light yet effective boundaries to protect themselves from the invasive energies to which they can fall prey.
PISCES ELEMENT & QUALITY
The flexibility of mutable energy combined with the fluid water element of the 12th zodiac sign creates energy that is undefined, imaginative and visionary. Pisceans often feel unsettled and chaotic, due to their sense of formlessness and lack of grounding. While this energy combination can appear vulnerable, its strength comes from its ability to adapt to whatever circumstances & situations it has to deal with. As Confucius says: “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”
PISCES IS THE 12TH ZODIAC SIGN
The Twelfth Sign is the most imaginative of the Zodiac. It often finds physical reality difficult to deal with because it can seem so harsh and heavy compared to the ethereal energy of the dreaming mind. Real life carries consequences that have to be worked through whereas visions and fantasies are much more malleable. If Pisceans conjure an image into existence and it’s not quite what they wanted, then all they have to do is replace one picture with another.
PISCES IS LINKED TO THE 12TH HOROSCOPE HOUSE
The Pisces House reveals information about the awareness of spiritual, metaphysical or multi-dimensional realms and describes the influence of imagination, dreams and visions. It can point to a tendency to retreat from the material world to a place of peaceful reflection, where energies can be reclaimed and replenished.
PISCES CAREER PROSPECTS
This zodiac sign is drawn to career paths with a vocational quality. As Pisces seeks to feel emotionally & spiritually fulfilled they can often be found in the healing professions, or in places that offer sympathetic support for suffering as well as solace for the Soul. Their empathetic sensitivity works well either in front of or behind the camera and their familiarity with all things imaginative fits them for many occupations in the creative media industry.
THE THREE DECANS OF PISCES Each zodiac sign is 30 degrees long and is divided into three Decans of 10 degrees each.
THE 1ST DECAN of the twelfth zodiac sign
is double PISCES, influenced by Planet NEPTUNE
This type of Pisces has an air of being born under a gooseberry bush. There’s an unworldly quality to this Decan which is helpful to Pisceans who choose careers as psychics & spiritual practitioners but it doesn’t make everyday life on planet Earth easy to cope with. For some of these delicate and sensitive creatures, it can be like living without skin.
The ethereal, inspirational influence of Neptune enables easy access to non-physical realms but it also makes this type of Pisces far too empathetic. They are often overwhelmed by unseen forces that are by-products of other people’s emotional states. They can be walking along the street, dreaming their own daydreams then turn a corner and immediately feel assaulted by ghostly vibes. All Pisceans have to develop healthy boundaries but this Decan in particular needs to know how to protect its personal energy field.
THE 2ND DECAN of PISCES
is influenced by CANCER and The MOON
Pisceans from the 2ND Decan are probably the most creatively imaginative of the sign. They may channel this ability in an artistic way since they tend to have a highly developed sense of colour, light and form. They could be working with ability and awareness that flows to them from gene pool memories or that has been inherited through their ancestral line.
The Moon’s influence on this section of the sign can make this type of Pisces quite moody and defensive. Their fluctuating emotions can be difficult to deal with – both for themselves and for those who live alongside them. 2ND Decan Pisceans may also have to fight with frustration over shortfalls between the glowing images they see so clearly in their imaginations and the actual pictures they are able to re-produce in real-life terms.
THE 3RD DECAN of PISCES
is influenced by SCORPIO and Planet PLUTO
This is the toughest of the Pisces Decans, but also the one most easily overwhelmed by strong feelings. This type of Pisces needs to locate and use their switch-off button, otherwise they’ll be spending their life riding an emotional rollercoaster. There’s a combination of instinct and imagination that can be amazing but also a bit nightmare-ish, and it needs to be held in check.
Pluto’s influence on this section of the sign can force 3RD Decan Pisceans to dive too deeply and to feel far too much. Partners & associates appreciate their empathy, insight and perception but usually fail to understand how vulnerable they actually are. This is because they give the impression of being endlessly enthralled by other people’s stories and experiences. Their tendency to tune in without waiting to wonder if it’s safe for them to do so can take them way out of their depth.
PISCES IN RELATIONSHIPS
ROMANTIC: Pisceans adore the falling in love part but they have unrealistic expectations of romance and tend to voice their disappointment.
FRIENDSHIP: Pisceans make sympathetic and loving, if somewhat inconsistent, friends. They’re the ultimate shoulder to cry on.
FAMILY: Most Piscean families are usually highly charged and chaotic as well as ultra-expressive. It can feel like living in a soap-opera!
PROFESSIONAL: Pisceans can be inspirational yet inconsistent.
KEY RELATIONSHIP: may be with a fictional character or dream image.
Compatibility between the Elements FIRE, EARTH, AIR & WATER Astrology suggests that it is easier for the signs of one element to get along with one another, as the energy that drives them comes from the same source. But that doesn’t mean that relationships between signs from different elements are doomed to fail, although it might take longer for them to understand and accommodate the differences between them.
PISCES IS A WATER SIGN
PISCES WITH FIRE SIGNS The combination of Water with Fire is quite a steamy mix! There’s loads of emotion and excitement although it can be draining and exhausting too.
- ARIES These two are a Zodiac-style Laurel and Hardy. Aries is decisive and Pisces is dreamy.
- LEO This is a fine romance. Confident Leo is happy to offer encouragement to nervous Pisces in return for undying gratitude and admiration.
- SAGITTARIUS This is a romantic combination but Sagittarius knows when to walk away while Pisces keeps hoping for the happy ending.
PISCES WITH EARTH SIGNS Pair-ups between Water & Earth Signs can be very satisfying on all levels: physical, mental and emotional. But everything can get too exclusive, making others feel left out.
- TAURUS These two can bring out the best in each other. Taurus calms the chaotic fish, while Pisces cajoles the complacent bull towards pastures new.
- VIRGO These two see-saw between order and chaos. Virgo feels comfortable with Order but Pisces finds Chaos more creative.
- CAPRICORN There’s potential so long as emotional Pisces can deal with Capricorn’s formal style and organised Capricorn can cope with Pisces’ lack of focus.
PISCES WITH AIR SIGNS The elements of Air & Water can work well when there is a sharing of creative ideas. Air signs help the water signs to put their ideas into words, and water signs help air signs to express their imagination.
- GEMINI The combination of Pisces’ dolphin flippers and Gemini’s winged heels means it’s unlikely that the feet of this pair will spend much time on the ground!
- LIBRA So long as nobody’s in a hurry to go anywhere or get anything done, this is a sympathetic and sweetly romantic combination.
- AQUARIUS This humanistic pair share an interest in helping others. They make a good team too – Pisces provides the imagination and Aquarius the intellect.
PISCES WITH FELLOW WATER SIGNS Water signs share a caring and imaginative view of the world, but things can get over-emotional and blown out of proportion.
- CANCER This is a creative combination but Cancer works to achieve and Pisces’ lack of focus tends to get in the way of actual results.
- SCORPIO There’s plenty of empathy but Scorpio loses patience if Pisces starts to wallow in self-pity.
- PISCES a dreamily romantic combination, but who remembers to put the rubbish out?
Compatibility between the Qualities CARDINAL, FIXED & MUTABLE Traditional Astrology used to believe that it would be difficult for signs of the same Quality to get on with each other. Actually they are perfectly capable of bringing out the best in one another. But relationships between them can be challenging for both partners, as disagreements can arise when their energies clash or turn confrontational.
PISCES IS A MUTABLE SIGN
PISCES WITH FELLOW MUTABLE SIGNS GEMINI, VIRGO & SAGITTARIUS These four signs share an ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances which ensures that life remains mobile and interesting. Difficulties would be caused by a lack of focus, or an inability to be clear about what both partners expected from the relationship between them. It’s possible that they could wander off in diverse directions without identifying when, where, how and why they were going to meet up again!
MUTABLE SIGN PISCES WITH CARDINAL SIGNS ARIES, CANCER, LIBRA & CAPRICORN It’s a question of priorities. Once they have identified a specific target, Cardinal signs make it their main objective and aim their energies towards achieving it. Mutable signs tend to lack focus as their main motivation is to find variety and diversity in life. But Mutable signs can help their Cardinal pals to keep a range of options open rather than pursuing just one route, and Cardinal signs can help their Mutable partners to concentrate on one goal at a time.
MUTABLE SIGN PISCES WITH FIXED SIGNS TAURUS, LEO, SCORPIO & AQUARIUS It’s a question of intensity. Fixed Signs have a habit of giving their all to whatever they have chosen as their mission in life. Mutable signs seek a wide range of interests and prefer not to get bogged down in any single issue. Fixed signs can help their Mutable friends to go deeper and get more involved. Mutable signs can help their Fixed partners to lighten up and take things less seriously.
Pisces is a Yin sign ruled by the planet Neptune in its female aspect. Neptune married Amphitrite – an ethereal sea nymph who helped the Sea God rule his watery kingdom. She gives Piceans their empathetic, supportive natures as well as their apparent vulnerability. Mythology describes Amphitrite as a volatile creature who transformed one of her husband’s mistresses into a six-headed sea monster in a fit of jealousy. Under her influence, Pisceans are prone to strong emotional currents that can wreck their wellbeing, undermine their health and overwhelm them with confusion and self-doubt. Like Amphitrite, Pisces are creatures of the sea and of many moods. Sometimes they’re stormy, sometimes they are calm and sometimes they’re somewhere in between.
This sign is made for film-star status as Pisces has a glamorous, mystical quality which creates an other-worldly, out of reach effect. This list includes many names that have achieved mythical reputations in the eyes of mere mortals.
Note: Your Zodiac Sign refers to which astrological constellation the Sun appeared to be in on the date of your birth. Each sign lasts for about 30 days, starting from around the 21st of each calendar month. If you were born close to the cusp of one sign and the next, you will need to check your year of birth for which date and at what time on that date, the Sun moved signs.