SUN SIGN LEO
LEOS ARE * Assertive * Big personalities * Boastful * Cheerful * Confident * Generous *
* Magnificent * Open-hearted * Playful * Proud * Self-assured * Self-important *** SUNNY ***
LEO PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Leos are natural born Divas/Divos. They are regal, charismatic and attention seeking.
- Leos thrive on having lots of undivided attention and being adored and they HATE being ignored, put down or belittled.
- Leos are strong, self-assured and inspirational and they are natural leaders.
- Leos’ gift to the world is their own fabulous selves! In a good mood, they light up the room with their sunny personality but they can be arrogant and bossy. They tend to sulk when they don’t get their own way.
LEO AND HEALTH
The heart and back are potential weak spots for Leos although generally speaking this sign tends to suffer more from hypochondria than real health problems. But this in itself can cause as much dis-ease, discomfort and pain as actual illness. When Leo exhibits acute alarm about what might be wrong with them, it could be a symptom that they really need more attention, affection and admiration.
LEO AND MONEY
A certain level of financial wealth is necessary as such special people deserve only the best that money can buy. Affluence also enables Leos to express their generosity and share their largesse. While this sign does not like to scrimp and save, they’re always able to make the most of what they have and their ability to act the part of a wealthy individual, no matter how strapped for cash they actually are, is very convincing.
LEO IS RULED BY THE SUN
- The Leo character is influenced by the central powerhouse of our solar system, making this an especially potent placement.
- The 5TH Sign is born to shine and to share their light with the rest of us mere mortals! So who can blame them for showing off if their main purpose is to stand in the spotlight?
- Not all Leos are obviously outgoing, but their energy can light up a room as they walk into it. The Sun endows them with leadership potential, as people feel revitalised and reassured by their presence.
- Leos will have a tendency to become bossy and they can be arrogant, but these failings are outweighed by their generosity and joie de vivre.
LEO ELEMENT & QUALITY
This combination of Fixed Quality & Fire Element gives the 5TH zodiac sign a strong, radiant and energising quality which is very warming but can become overpowering – a bit like the Sun on a very hot day! Leos can lose courage and confidence in situations where they don’t feel in control of their own destiny. This is when they begin to behave like the cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz.
LEO IS THE 5TH ZODIAC SIGN
The Fifth Zodiac Sign should be the most self-confident of the Zodiac. A strong sense of Self leads to respect for one’s own person. Without that self-awareness, it’s difficult to create a relationship of unconditional love towards the Self, which is what Leos crave. The Leos who demand never-ending attention and admiration from others are probably the ones who aren’t getting the approval they seek from themselves.
LEO IS LINKED TO THE 5TH HOROSCOPE HOUSE
The Leo House is all about self-expression, playfulness, having fun and falling in love. It is also the house of parenthood and of connecting or interacting with children. 5TH House energy points to issues around the relationship between a person and their Inner Child. Ideally the bond will be a loving one. If not, there could be problems with confidence and self-respect.
LEO CAREER PROSPECTS
This sign craves a career that lets them stand in the spotlight. Leos thrive in solo roles, and they shine in positions that allow them to lead, direct and manage. They prefer to delegate their mundane duties, so they can concentrate on the important, high-profile aspects of making a success of their enterprise. As Leos thoroughly enjoy a theatrical atmosphere, they are drawn to professional situations that provide them with enough drama to hold their attention and keep them enthralled.
THE THREE DECANS OF LEO Each zodiac sign is 30 days long and is divided into three Decans of 10 days each.
THE 1ST DECAN of the fifth zodiac sign
is double-whammy LEO, influenced by the SUN
This is the high-octane section of the sign. Leo energy in the 1ST Decan is particularly keen on shining and they will seek ways in which they can stand out from the crowd. They want to make their presence felt. They belong in solo roles, where they can help to energise and enhance whatever is going on around them. They adore admiration and applause but they recognise that the show they put on must be worthy of praise and therefore they give of their best.
The Sun’s influence on this Decan suggests a natural ability for standing in the spotlight and being the boss. There’s a childlike quality to Leo’s 1ST Decan which can make them very appealing and amusing but also rather arduous to cope with when they insist on demanding everybody’s undivided energy and attention.
THE 2ND DECAN of LEO
is influenced by SAGITTARIUS and Planet JUPITER
This type of Leo wants to shine their light all over the world. They are prepared to travel to the four corners of the Earth in search of new disciples, admirers and audiences. Their child-like willingness to play the games, embrace the customs and eat the food of whichever country or culture they find themselves in helps them to make the most of their experiences.
Planet Jupiter’s influence on this Decan suggests a natural ability to project positive, optimistic energy that draws admiration and respect. 2ND Decan Leos do well in roles where they are guiding or mentoring others by opening up new horizons to them or taking them forward towards the unknown. But there’s a restlessness to this section of the sign which can make others feel that they are being forced to chase around, caught up in a game of following the leader that they can’t remember having signed up for.
THE 3RD DECAN of LEO
is influenced by ARIES and Planet MARS
3RD Decan Leos are perhaps the most competitive section of their sign. Self-motivated and strong on self-confidence, they’ll be keen to win the goals they’ve set themselves. They might be the least patient and persistent of the Leo Decans but they are no doubt the most independent, self-sufficient and able to act on their own initiative.
The Martian influence on this kind of Leo makes them natural leaders with the potential to bring out the best in their followers. But they can be bossy as well as intolerant and dismissive of those who struggle to keep up with their demanding pace. This type of Leo can be rather self-involved and needs to avoid arrogant or big-headed behaviour.
LEO IN RELATIONSHIPS
ROMANTIC: Leos expect to rule the roost in relationships and their considerable personal charm will have everyone at their beck and call. Partners who challenge their authority while respecting their need to be the boss are the best choice.
FRIENDSHIP: Leos are in for the long term so long as their friends can be relied upon for support and encouragement.
FAMILY: Leos see their families as extensions of themselves. They are indulgent and generous towards their relations but woe betide family members who let the side down.
PROFESSIONAL: Leos always need status and recognition. As long as they have it, they’re happy to work long and hard for success.
KEY RELATIONSHIP: for Leos is with their audience. If there’s no audience, a full-length mirror will do.
Compatibility between the Elements FIRE, EARTH, AIR, WATER Astrology suggests that it is easier for the signs of one element to get along with one another, as the energy that drives them comes from the same source. But that doesn’t mean that relationships between signs from different elements are doomed to fail, although it might take longer for them to understand and accommodate the differences between them.
LEO IS A FIRE SIGN
LEO WITH FELLOW FIRE SIGNS The Fire Signs share an enthusiastic and optimistic approach to life, but there might be fierce competition amongst themselves for centre stage.
- ARIES This works well if Leo is happy to get a move on and Aries is ready to be bossed around.
- LEO This is a mutual admiration society. Together or separately, they’re both AMAZING.
- SAGITTARIUS These two enjoy putting on a show. Leo demands top billing and Sagittarius doesn’t mind as long as it’s fun.
LEO WITH EARTH SIGNS Fire & Earth Signs can create extremely productive partnerships so long as their roles are clearly defined and properly rewarded.
- TAURUS This couple share a love of luxury but Leo likes to splurge whereas Taurus needs money in the bank.
- VIRGO This is the perfect upstairs/downstairs combination. Leo likes to give orders and Virgo is happy to carry them out.
- CAPRICORN This pair could go far. The combination of Leo’s aspiration and Capricorn’s ambition is bound to give them a head start.
LEO WITH AIR SIGNS Fire is naturally attracted to Air as these elements complement each other very well. Timing is important, however as things can happen too fast & misunderstandings can occur.
- GEMINI This is a complimentary combination. Leo stabilises nervy Gemini and Gemini helps obstinate LEO to adapt.
- LIBRA These two both know how to turn on the charm but Libra’s flirtatiousness threatens Leo’s need to feel that no one else matters.
- AQUARIUS These two have opposing value systems. Leo thinks I and me – Aquarius thinks us and we.
LEO WITH WATER SIGNS Fire and Water is quite a steamy mix! There’s loads of emotion and excitement although it can be draining and exhausting too.
- CANCER Paternal Leo and maternal Cancer should make perfect parents so long as their individual areas of responsibility are recognised.
- SCORPIO This dramatic pair are locked in a constant power struggle. Leo loves to be in charge but Scorpio hates taking orders.
- PISCES This is a fine romance. Confident Leo is happy to offer encouragement to nervous Pisces in return for undying gratitude and admiration.
Compatibility between the Qualities CARDINAL, FIXED & MUTABLE Traditional Astrology used to believe that it would be difficult for signs of the same Quality to get on with each other. Actually they are perfectly capable of bringing out the best in one another. But relationships between them can be challenging for both partners, as disagreements can arise when their energies clash or turn confrontational.
LEO IS A FIXED SIGN
LEO WITH FELLOW FIXED SIGNS TAURUS, SCORPIO & AQUARIUS These four signs share the same values when it comes to loyalty and perseverance. Most difficulties within the relationship would be caused by stubborn pride and a reluctance to concede to one another’s point of view. But as both partners are interested in staying involved for the long term, they are prepared to invest time and energy in trying to reconcile their differences.
FIXED SIGN LEO WITH CARDINAL SIGNS ARIES, CANCER, LIBRA & CAPRICORN It’s a question of outcomes. Cardinal signs insist on identifying goals and time lines as they expect to see results sooner or later. Fixed signs tend to get caught up in an ongoing situation and will prolong the process in order to stay involved with it. But Fixed signs can provide the patience that Cardinal signs sometimes lack and Cardinal signs can help Fixed signs to avoid becoming stale and stuck.
FIXED SIGN LEO WITH MUTABLE SIGNS GEMINI, VIRGO, SAGITTARIUS & PISCES It’s a question of intensity. Fixed Signs have a habit of giving their all to whatever they have chosen as their mission in life. Mutable signs seek a wide range of interests and prefer not to get bogged down in any single issue. Fixed signs can help their Mutable friends to go deeper and get more involved. Mutable signs can help their Fixed partners to lighten up and take things less seriously.
Leo is a Yang sign ruled by the Sun, which is linked to Apollo, God of the Sun in Greek & Roman mythology. His influence gives Leo their driving force and energetic character. It also gives them dramatic ability and a talent for standing in the spotlight through Apollo’s connection to the performing arts. Apollo was worshipped as a protector and he was seen as handsome and charismatic. The Apollo influence causes Leos to respond to those who look to them for direction. It also gives them a compelling, magnetic quality which other people esteem and draw confidence from.
Note: Your Zodiac Sign refers to which astrological constellation the Sun appeared to be in on the date of your birth. Each sign lasts for about 30 days, starting from around the 21st of each calendar month. If you were born close to the cusp of one sign and the next, you will need to check your year of birth for which date and at what time on that date, the Sun moved signs.