SUN SIGN CANCER
CANCERIANS ARE * Caring * Creative * Domestic * Instinctive * Intuitive *
* Insightful * Moody * Motherly * Nurturing * Protective * Productive *
* Self-defensive *** SHY ***
CANCER PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Cancerians are natural-born nurturers: kind, caring and great cooks! They are naturally gifted with creative talents.
- Cancerians need the love of their loved ones and they hate having their feelings hurt.
- Cancerians are usually looking for something or someone to take care of. They come across as kind and sympathetic, but others can be confused by their defensive moodiness.
- Cancerians tend to worry needlessly about what may never happen. They can be overprotective of loved ones.
CANCER AND HEALTH
Cancerians tend to have sensitive stomachs. They hold tension in the solar plexus, which is made worse by worry and anxiety. This restricts the smooth operating of upper digestive system causing problems like acid reflux & ulcers. Zodiac Sign Cancer is linked to the breasts and may be more vulnerable to health issues within the ancestral line gene pool.
CANCER AND MONEY
Money is the raw material for creative projects and helps Cancerians with the nest-building activities that are so important to them. Their home-making instincts and their ability to turn raw ingredients into finished articles can be used to generate wealth.
CANCER IS RULED BY THE MOON
- The Cancerian character is influenced by the fluctuating, primeval energy of the Moon.
- Guided by instinct and imagination, this sign is naturally creative and can magic up impressive results from a few basic raw materials. Moods and memories are very prevalent in Cancer’s life.
- As their feelings can either enhance or interfere with their ability to function, Cancerians tend to be quite protective of their emotions. They are easily hurt and try to shy away from situations that might be upsetting.
- They hold onto reminiscences of past experiences, although their recollections of what happened are usually quite subjective
CANCER QUALITY & ELEMENT
The combination of Cardinal Quality & Water Element makes the 4TH zodiac sign naturally creative. Cancer can become negative and fretful without a pet project to absorb them and provide a focus for their need to create and nurture. Cancerians find it difficult to motivate themselves in situations that do not excite their emotions. Their feelings have to be involved in order for them to engage fully with whatever is being asked of them.
CANCER IS THE 4TH ZODIAC SIGN
The Fourth Zodiac Sign is the most naturally creative of the Zodiac. Abilities that are inherited through the family background or ancestral line give Cancerians the quality of remembering how to do or make something without much conscious effort on their part. Personal goals and home life are usually prioritised for the 4TH Sign as life becomes less interesting for them without a significant soupcon of intimate involvement.
CANCER IS LINKED TO THE 4TH HOROSCOPE HOUSE
The house that belongs to Cancer is all about the influence of cultural roots & heritage, family background and ancestral line issues. It is connected to personal and creative goals. Cancerians have a way with domestic arrangements that enable them to make a welcoming and comfortable home base. But they tend to be at the mercy of their genes and most of their difficulties stem from an inability to banish unhelpful energies and behaviour patterns that have been handed down through the generations.
CANCER CAREER PROSPECTS
Cancerians are drawn to careers that allow them to express their creativity and nurturing instincts. Obvious choices would be the hospitality or home improvement industries, which offer the chance to care for and enhance the comfort of others. The medical profession – particularly obstetrics, midwifery and pediatrics – may appeal. Caring for pre-school charges and teaching infant pupils would enable Cancerians to express their natural affinity with children. This sign could also choose a career path that involves creative writing, or some form of handicraft.
THE THREE DECANS OF CANCER Each zodiac sign is 30 days long and is divided into three Decans of 10 days each.
THE 1ST DECAN of the fourth zodiac sign
is double CANCER, influenced by the MOON
This is the most subjective section of the sign. Cancerian energy in the 1ST Decan operates almost entirely on emotions. Full awareness of situations or subjects comes via personal impressions rather than through any other kind of instruction. It’s like being tuned into a memory bank that stretches back through eons of ancestral line influence and having access to information that is written into the 1ST Decan Cancerian DNA. It is hardly surprising that these coded crabs are so naturally creative!
The Moon’s influence on this Decan supplies the fertile intuition & imagination that are so ingrained in this type of Cancer’s way of experiencing life. Don’t ask them to explain what to them is a fleeting impression in dry, logical terms. Let them describe scenes, tell stories, paint pictures but don’t be surprised when they go through phases of retreating into their shells. 1ST Decan Cancerians can be haunted by negative moods and shadowy memories that seem to be linked to the cycles of the Moon.
THE 2ND DECAN of CANCER
is influenced by SCORPIO and Planet PLUTO
Cancers of this Decan are the most susceptible to suspicion about the ways in which their security could be threatened. There’s a tendency to lack trust in life, possibly because of distant memories of having been betrayed. There could be stories of sabotage in the family background, or a theme of treachery running through the ancestral line.
Pluto’s influence on this kind of Cancer indicates strong impulses that should never be ignored. 2ND Decan Cancerians have a knack of knowing stuff that can’t be explained in logical terms. This makes them naturals at doing shrewd business deals on their own terms and in their own time. Their control of the situation is deeply instinctive and therefore all the more powerful.
THE 3RD DECAN of CANCER
is influenced by PISCES and Planet NEPTUNE
This is Cancerian energy at its most inspired. Already strongly imaginative, this sector of the sign notches up the ability to produce creative visions. This type of Cancer is also the most empathetic and caring of the 3 Decans. They find it easy to comfort other people and to tune into their needs.
The ethereal influence of Neptune on 3RD Decan Cancerians offers the ability to see beyond the lack and limitation of life. There’s a strong impression of the wonders that could be manifested if only everyone would open their senses to the multi-dimensional information flowing from high-level Cosmic Consciousness. But this degree of sensitivity brings its own snags and in spite of their shells, these Crabs find it difficult to escape the overwhelming emotions they experience when confronted with the harsher realities of earthly existence.
CANCER IN RELATIONSHIPS
ROMANTIC: The fear of being hurt causes Cancerians to hide their true feelings until they feel safe enough to show how deeply involved they are.
FRIENDSHIP: A Cancerian will treat their true friends as family members.
FAMILY: Cancerians tend to prioritise their family, even when relationships are strained or difficult.
PROFESSIONAL: Cancerians need a free reign for their creativity so it’s best to discuss any budgetary constraints on a regular basis.
KEY RELATIONSHIP: for Cancerians is the one they have with their mother. Whether that relationship is good, bad or non-existent it is still of utmost importance.
Compatibility between the Elements FIRE, EARTH, AIR & WATER Astrology suggests that it is easier for the signs of one element to get along with one another, as the energy that drives them comes from the same source. But that doesn’t mean that relationships between signs from different elements are doomed to fail, although it might take longer for them to understand and accommodate the differences between them.
CANCER IS A WATER SIGN
CANCER WITH FIRE SIGNS The combination of Water with Fire is quite a steamy mix! There’s loads of emotion and excitement although it can be draining and exhausting too.
- ARIES Trust doesn’t come easy to these two. Moody Cancerians are easily offended and tactless Aries can speak without thinking. It’s a creative combination though
- LEO Maternal Cancer and paternal LEO should make perfect parents so long as their areas of responsibility are recognised.
- SAGITTARIUS Different Strokes for Different Folks. Cancerians need a firm home base and Sagittarians crave the open road.
CANCER WITH EARTH SIGNS Pair-ups between Water & Earth Signs can be very satisfying on all levels: physical, mental and emotional. But everything can get too exclusive, making others feel left out.
- TAURUS Vulnerable Cancer feels safer with a sturdy Taurus around. These two encourage each other to express their creative and artistic talents.
- VIRGO This is a sensible arrangement. Cancer contributes the carrot cake and Virgo organises tea in a warmed pot.
- CAPRICORN There’s a natural attraction between these two but Cancer just knows it, while Capricorn requires a signature backed up by a legal document.
CANCER WITH AIR SIGNS The elements of Air & Water can work well when there is a sharing of creative ideas. Air signs help the water signs to put their ideas into words, and water signs help air signs to express their imagination.
- GEMINI This pair doesn’t have a great deal in common but quick-witted Gemini appreciates Cancer’s creative thinking.
- LIBRA Both partners need to understand the bottom line of this dynamic. Which is: Cancer thinks with their heart – Libra with their mind.
- AQUARIUS They share a talent for original thinking but these two will need communication coaching. Cancer is too shy and Aquarius is too cool.
CANCER WITH FELLOW WATER SIGNS Water signs share a caring and imaginative view of the world, but things can get over-emotional and blown out of proportion.
- CANCER It’s a Masterchef Final! But there could be a lot of sulking and secret diary writing as this is a moody duo.
- SCORPIO These two admire each other. Cancer’s creativity impresses Scorpio. Scorpio’s courage inspires Cancer.
- PISCES This is a creative combination but Cancer works to achieve and Pisces’ lack of focus tends to get in the way of actual results.
Compatibility between the Qualities CARDINAL, FIXED & MUTABLE Traditional Astrology used to believe that it would be difficult for signs of the same Quality to get on with each other. Actually they are perfectly capable of bringing out the best in one another. But relationships between them can be challenging for both partners, as disagreements can arise when their energies clash or turn confrontational.
CANCER IS A CARDINAL SIGN
CANCER WITH FELLOW CARDINAL SIGNS ARIES, LIBRA & CAPRICORN It’s a question of motivation. The four cardinal signs share an enthusiasm for setting goals and the potential for encouraging one another to achieve their ambitions. Difficulties would arise if the cardinal urge to compete cropped up, creating rivalry within the relationship about who should lead and who should follow.
CARDINAL CANCER WITH FIXED SIGNS TAURUS, LEO, SCORPIO & AQUARIUS It’s a question of outcomes. Cardinal signs insist on identifying goals and time lines as they expect to see results sooner or later. Fixed signs tend to get caught up in an ongoing situation and will prolong the process in order to stay involved with it. But Fixed signs can provide the patience that Cardinal signs sometimes lack and Cardinal signs can help Fixed signs to avoid becoming stale and stuck.
CARDINAL CANCER WITH MUTABLE SIGNS GEMINI, VIRGO, SAGITTARIUS & PISCES It’s a question of priorities. Once they have identified a specific target, Cardinal signs make it their main objective and aim their energies towards achieving it. Mutable signs tend to lack focus as their main motivation is to find variety and diversity in life. But Mutable signs can help their Cardinal pals to keep a range of options open rather than pursuing just one route, and Cardinal signs can help their Mutable partners to concentrate on one goal at a time.
Cancer is a Yin sign ruled by the Moon, which is linked to the Roman goddess Diana and Artemis Goddess of Childbirth in Greek mythology. Her influence gives Cancerians their creativity and their talent for nurturing. According to legend, immediately after her own birth Artemis helped her mother give birth to her twin brother Apollo. Most Cancerians have strong links to their families and they often act as carers to family members. Artemis was fiercely protective of her privacy and Aktaion, who spied on her while she was bathing, was turned into a stag and torn apart by her own dogs. Under the Artemis influence 4TH Sign individuals become fiercely defensive when they feel vulnerable or when they or those they care for are under any kind of attack.
This zodiac sign tends to achieve fame thanks to their personal appeal. Many Cancerian celebrities have the knack of creating a sense of familiarity, making ordinary folk feel they can identify with them.
Note: Your Zodiac Sign refers to which astrological constellation the Sun appeared to be in on the date of your birth. Each sign lasts for about 30 days, starting from around the 21st of each calendar month. If you were born close to the cusp of one sign and the next, you will need to check your year of birth for which date and at what time on that date, the Sun moved signs.